On Mar 14, 2012, at 9:26 AM, Antonio Nunes wrote:

> My assumption is that the savePanel will be held on by the block for as long
> as it exists. But now I wonder whether that assumption is correct, and this
> retaining/copying behaviour only happens when the block is copied.

True, ‘savePanel’ will only be retained by the block when it’s copied. But the
block has to be copied as part of the implementation of the
beginSheetModalForWindow method, because the sheet has to hold onto a reference
to the block to invoke later after the method returns. So the method has to
copy the block and assign it to some state associated with the sheet. The
copied block object will end up retaining savePanel.

—Jens