I just fired up Xcode 4.3 early this morning, opened the TextEdit source to try
a build after reading the documentation on Automatic Termination and Sudden
Termination, how to enable it and how to disable it.

Last night I tried adding the indicated properties to the info.plist files in
TextEdit to see if I could enable or disable Automatic Termination on a per
application basis as the docs
(https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/General/Conceptual/MOSXAppProgrammingGuide/)
 indicated should be possible.

Then I came across the text below from the read me file in the TextEdit source:

• TextEdit opts into Automatic Termination. However, this opt-in is done
automatically by the system. Normally TextEdit would have had to put an entry
for NSSupportsAutomaticTermination in its Info.plist or call -[NSProcessInfo
setAutomaticTerminationSupportEnabled:YES].

So, if this is an option settable by the programmer, yet the system opts in FOR
YOU, and if the programmer wants to control it, how can they do that?  Why is
the system opting in when this can be set in code or in a plist?  How can I get
control back so that I can test this?  Where is the documentation that states
how to pass or remove control from the system for items like this?

- Alex Zavatone