> How do you think that (NS)|(UI)Nib — an unrelated class that shouldn’t
> have access to your private ivars — sets the outlet variables to your nib
> objects? It does it via runtime hackery. If you declare a property, on the
> other hand, it just calls the setter. Much cleaner and more OO, if you ask
> me.

Interesting.  I went and read up on NSNib and learned some stuff, so thanks
for the reference.

That kind of behind-the-scenes stuff really doesn't worry me too much,
since there are all kinds of hacky, non-OO things taking place in this
language.  I'm not denigrating you for trying to avoid as much of it as
possible, but it seems like there's more of it going on than one can
practically prevent.