There's probably a way to do this on a per-connection basis, but the easiest
workaround is to install your signing certificate on the device.

I usually just email my certificate to myself. Mobile Mail understands
certificate attachments and will prompt for installation permission.

Note that this will cause certs signed by your signing cert to be accepted
system-wide.

(Sent from my iPhone.)

--
Conrad Shultz