> > 2) Technically, nothing is truly private in Objective-C, so let's stop
> > trying to completely prevent people from using private APIs.
>

> contradiction++

Not quite. You actually CAN hide the ivars and it is odd to expose them
because you have the ability to hide them. Exposing the accessor method
INSTEAD of the ivar is usually better. I know that it is not always
convenient and hope that we eventually get the ability to access self's
ivars if we are in the same compilation unit, but until then, exposing
accessors seems like a better option.

TJ