Thank you for taking the time to answer. Sorry about the declarative question
mark.

I guess I just needed a sanity check. I inherited a NSManagedObject category
that was being too aggressive
in converting everything to Dictionary. So, I turned that value back into an
NSString and it worked.

Thank you for your time.

- j-