Using and NSArrayController I'd like to bind the controller to an instance of
NSMutableArray, which under certain circumstances may contain zero objects.  I
don't have any real experience with NULL placeholders but I assume this
situation is what they are for.  Can someone give me some guidance regarding
how to leverage NULL placeholders in this situation or better yet, point me to
an example?

Alternatively, I'm thinking I can create my own dummy (placeholder) object and
insert it into the array when there are no other real object instances to be
accessed.  If you have an opinion on this work-around, I'd like to hear from
you, as well.

Thanks.

-Michael