I'm trying to write some code for iOS and Wow!  I didn't expect it to be so
unfamiliar.  Kind of like walking into a familiar city, like London, and
discovering that everyone is speaking Dutch and no one speaks English.  Weird.
I'm slowly getting to grips with the differences and similarities - but I'm a
bit perplexed by transforms.  As I say, I'm writing a tile based game and the
following code works very nicely in Mac OS X:

        NSGraphicsContext *context = [NSGraphicsContext currentContext];
        [context saveGraphicsState];

        id transform = [NSAffineTransform transform];
        [transform translateXBy:NSMidX(tileFrame) yBy:NSMidY(tileFrame)];
        [transform concat];

        [self drawTile:tileFrame];

        [context restoreGraphicsState];

Unfortunately, my iOS version doesn't work. That isn't to say that it crashes -
it just doesn't produce the expected output.

        CGContextRef context = UIGraphicsGetCurrentContext();
        CGContextSaveGState(context);

        CGAffineTransform transform;
        CGAffineTransformTranslate(transform, CGRectGetMidX(tileFrame),
CGRectGetMidY(tileFrame));
        CGContextConcatCTM(context, transform);

        [self drawTile:tileFrame];

        CGContextRestoreGState(context);

I'm sure that my error will be obvious to anyone who isn't a complete newb, but
I am - so it isn't obvious to me!

And are there any books that you'd recommend that cover these kind of issues,
books to assist a Mac OS X developer write for iOS?