On 2012 Apr 09, at 16:07, Mike Abdullah wrote:

> The docs are incorrect about the escaping behaviour (and used to be for
> CFURLCopyPath too); both functions do not do escaping
> <rdar://problem/10561176>

Ah, I was reading Xcode 3 documentation.

In current documentation, CFURLCopyStrictPath() still has the ambiguity, but
CFURLCopyPath() has been corrected.  It says, unambiguously, "nor does it
replace percent escape sequences".

So, yes I agree with you Mike – I presume that your rdar is against the
*documentation* of CFURLCopyStrictPath().  The *behavior* of both
CFURLCopyStrictPath() and CFURLCopyPath() is correct.  At least, it's what I
want :)