I wonder if someone could point me to the right way to profile
poorly-performing custom-drawn UITableView cells. I've come across this problem
several times, and usually manage to figure out how to solve it, but my process
is not very scientific—there's far too much trial and error involved, and I
wonder whether there isn't a known way to pinpoint exactly which part of the
code causes a table to stutter using Instruments. I've tried Googling for the
problem, but it seems to me that the vast majority of people giving suggestions
are focusing on known techniques to make table cells perform, rather than
trying to understand where an already-implemented table is going astray.

Thanks!

—Mt.