On May 9, 2012, at 10:12 PM, Quincey Morris wrote:

> The array controller is also bound to some indexed property of your app
> delegate, "myThings". For example, you might have (in the app delegate .h
> file):

In my case, the contentset of the array controller is bound to a tree
controller (which is bound to the MOC of my model).   I fail to see how I also
bind it to an array.

But to take two steps back, there can only be one item selected at once in
myThings,  so I really only need to be notified which one that is when the
selection changes, so that the pane can update its contents. I have another
'Info' pane where I bind the value of text fields directly to properties of
self.representedObject.selection in IB (the representedObject is the
arrayController) But in the other pane I cannot do that, I need to do
calculations with the selected "Thing", and then display them in a table.
Which is why I initially used the bind code.

- Koen.