On 2012 May 16, at 02:23, Matt Gough wrote:

> Graham,
>
> I have seen similar hangs in other apps while trying to access recent items
> menu.
>
> On my Mac I put it down to occasional disk freezing issues quite common on
> the model of disk I am using, but maybe its software related after all.

Me too, I think.  When I first read your message yesterday, I seemed to
remember that a hang with a lot of Open Recent menu stuff in the call stack had
happened to me a couple weeks ago, and I tried to reproduce it.  If it did
happen was definitely not able to reproduce it.

I thought it was maybe because it was running under Xcode 3 in Lion.

If anyone knows a log directory where such a report might still be I'll go back
and look.