On 28/05/2012, at 3:10 PM, Marco S Hyman wrote:

> I think that is your issue.

What is the issue?

I have read that, several times. It states:

"With these provisos in mind, you can use a path-based temporary exception
entitlement to gain programmatic access to the user’s ~/Library/Preferences
folder. Use a read-only entitlement to avoid opening the user’s preferences to
malicious exploitation."

Well, that's what I am doing as I pointed out in my last message. But I still
am unable to read the particular pref I need. (I have filed a radar asking that
this feature be made available officially as well, but it's certainly a dupe).

--Graham