On 5/30/12 10:52 AM, Gordon Apple wrote:
> (10.7)  I have a small (but resizable) initial window that is the only one I
> want open on the main screen when the document is launched.  The app has
> numerous other document windows, one of which is normally full-screen on a
> second monitor.  If I quit (usually through xcode while debugging) and
> re-launch the program, the initial window appears on the second screen,
> enlarged even beyond that screen¹s dimensions.  It totally ignores the nib
> size and even an explicit size I give it when creating in
> makeWindowControllers.  This seems to be some kind of a ³feature² (a la MS)
> of 10.7  How can I stop this annoying behavior and always get the correct
> specified size, and on the main screen?
>
> I have another window that seems to also have an affinity for the second
> screen, but I managed to defeat that by explicit coding.

This sounds like it might be automatic window restoration intervening at
an inopportune time.

To test, try checking the "Launch application without state restoration"
option in Edit Scheme->Run->Options.

If this is indeed the problem and you want to change this behavior
permanently, take a look at the NSWindow methods documented under
"Handling Window Restoration" in the class reference.

--
Conrad Shultz

Synthetiq Solutions
www.synthetiqsolutions.com