I have a question about multiple contexts.

First a quote from the Core Data Programming Guide - "To consider this from a
different perspective, a given object in a persistent store may be edited in
more than one context simultaneously. Each context, however, has its own
managed object that corresponds to the source object, and each managed object
may be edited independently. This can lead to inconsistencies during a
save-Core Data provides a number of ways to deal with this."

So to recap, a given object in a persistent store may be edited in multiple
contexts simultaneously and each context has its own managed object
corresponding to the given source object. And when the user saves everything is
sorted out by Core Data.

I know that Core Data is not multi-user but this sounds like a multi-user data
base use case scenario. Multiple contexts (users) all potentially looking at
the same data and the first one to save wins.

Why did Apple do this? What would be a legitimate use case for this scenario?

--Richard