Using the code from Apple's MyRecorder example, I had to switch my architecture
to 32-bit Intel in order to get it to work. Why can't I get it to work for
64-bit Intel?

BACKGROUND:

I was following the example in Apple's "QTKit Application Tutorial", but it
kept crashing on me.

I downloaded Apple's example project MyRecorder, and it worked.

I copied the source code from MyRecorder into my project (with the exception of
the class name), but my code still crashed.

Comparing the build settings for the original MyRecorder project and my
version, I noticed the demo was 32-bit Intel and mine was 64-bit Intel. When I
changed mine to 32-bit Intel, my code worked.

Does QTKit only work on 32-bit architectures? Am I using the wrong framework?

I am using Lion 10.7.4 and Xcode 4.3.2 on a 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Confused...

Todd