On 15 Jun 2012, at 16:20, Scott Ribe wrote:

>>> Ideas? Anyone else having pdfview lion problems.
>>
>> Yes, the problem you described, plus also fairly frequently crashes on
>> closing the window--looks like invalidate being sent to a timer that no
>> longer exists, when my window controller does not create any timers.

Indeed, the only way I found to solve this is to build in 10.7.3, but according
to my tests the issue only happens when you've attached a PDFThumbnailView to
the PDFView. I believe otherwise the crash on close doesn't happen.

>> Now Graham is right that you should be using awakeFromNib or windowDidLoad
>> anyway, but that's not the problem in my case.

I don't believe that will solve the issue of the blank PDFView. If you _must_
build on 10.7.4 you could end the awakeFromNib or windowDidLoad with:
        dispatch_async(dispatch_get_main_queue(), ^{
                [self setNeedsDisplay:YES];
        });

A hack, but it should cause the PDFView to display its contents.

-António

And you would accept the seasons of your
heart, even as you have always accepted
the seasons that pass over your field.

--Kahlil Gibran