On 6/16/12 8:08 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:
I usually create the layers (if there's a fixed number of them) in the
view's -initWithFrame:. At that point the view doesn't have a window, so I
can't set contentScale correctly (by getting the window's
backingScaleFactor).

Is this strategy documented somewhere? The High-Resolution Guide says to
avoid looking at the windows backingScaleFactor at all, but it's very sparse
on details about supporting CALayer.

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/GraphicsAnimation/Conceptual/HighResolutionOSX/Introduction/Introduction.html

talks a little about layers but is rather unclear on how and when to initalize a layer contentScale properly. I don't recall reading about avoiding backingScaleFactor, though.

Regards
Markus