On Jun 22, 2012, at 4:51 AM, Rick C. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the non-sandboxed version of my app upon first launch I copied a helper
> executable from my bundle to my application support folder (standard
> location) and communicated with it via nstask.  Now I'm trying to sandbox my
> app and I found that when I do this it fails with a read-write deny (sandbox
> application support location).  As a test I changed it where my app would
> communicate with this executable directly inside of my bundle and it seems to
> work.  So my question would be is this how it must be when it's sandboxed
> that I'm not allowed to copy resources out of my bundle into my own sandboxed
> application support location?

Are you sure it's copying the file into the sandboxed Application Support
folder and not the real one? What method are you using to discover the location
of the Application Support folder? The code isn't using a hard-coded path to
the folder, is it? Are you sure that the folder actually exists before you put
something into it? Would you please share with us the deny error you're getting
from sandboxd? Your app should have full access to its sandboxed Library folder
and subfolders.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>