On 26/06/2012, at 7:42 AM, Greg Parker wrote:

> We recommend each file be written for either one or the other, with no
> attempt to be ARC-agnostic.

Does this imply that ARC can be adopted gradually?

For example, I have a large project that uses manual memory management. If I
add a new class to it, can I write that class with ARC without having to adopt
it for the whole project? I've been able to do that with properties and other
Obj-C 2.0 stuff very successfully, but it wasn't clear that ARC could be
managed the same way. If it can be done, how is ARC enabled for a specific
class?

--Graham