On 27 Jun 2012, at 10:51 AM, Peter wrote:

> Now, I'd like to replace the popup cell by a text field cell, to simply show
> the title - but for the life of me, I can't understand why it seems to be
> impossible to setup a binding to the property title (or any other) of the
> entity work.
> Binding the recordings controller's arranged objects to the keypath
> work.title does not work, as does any other binding I tried. I always get the
> exception
>
> "this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key content"

Pop-up cells have a binding named "content." Text fields do not; they have
"value." The full error message named the class that didn't have the key; it
would clue you in to what kind of object was having the problem, and narrowed
your search away from your model objects.

How did you change the column cell's class? By dragging the new cell into it,
or by changing the class in the identity inspector? Don't do the latter (unless
you're setting a custom subclass of what's already there).

        — F

--
Fritz Anderson -- Xcode 4 Unleashed: now in the Kindle store --
<http://x4u.manoverboard.org/>