Whenever you support an earlier OS, you should always have that earliest and
all intermediate SDKs available, and you should make it a standard practice to
build your products against those SDKs at least before releasing to customers
just as you do an analyzer build. This will help you identify many of the cases
where you need to safeguard against the use of unavailable APIs, methods, and
classes. Oh, and you really should be turning on and listening to practically
every warning possible. Then, after you do all that, testing definitely should
be done.
--
Gary L. Wade (Sent from my iPad)
http://www.garywade.com/