On Sun, Jul 1, 2012, at 11:23 PM, Alexander Hartner wrote:
> I am looking at available option to send an NSImage to a webserver. I
> came across gSoap however its licensing model makes it not suitable.
> Using REST / JSON seems like an easy option however NSDATA does not seem
> to be supported by the JSON Serialiser. The one remaining option I
> considered was to encode the image myself to base64 before including in
> the JSON request. This could work quite nicely, however there doesn't
> seem to be a standard method for base64 encoding.
>
> Any suggestion on how to best achieve this.

If you're in control over both the client and server, I'd suggest
avoiding sending the image data over JSON. You're going to seriously
inflate the file size by base64-encoding it, and for what purpose?

You can be REST without using JSON. It would be much more efficient if
you could just issue a PUT at a certain URL to upload the image data.

--Kyle Sluder