On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 01:12:12 -0500, Ken Thomases said:

>Right, but the elements of the enum are not of type NSComparisonResult.
>In traditional C, there's no way to declare the type of elements of an
>enum.  There's a coming extension to the language in clang that
>addresses this.  <http://clang.llvm.org/docs/
>LanguageExtensions.html#objc_fixed_enum>  I don't know what version of
>Xcode includes or will include this.  Even when it arrives in the
>compiler, the SDK will have to be updated to take advantage of it.

The SDK will indeed have to change... In Objective-C++11 this is problematic
because NSComparisonResult and NSInteger are now different enough that, for
example, NSArray's declaration of:

- (NSArray *)sortedArrayUsingFunction:(NSInteger (*)(id, id, void *))comparator
context:(void *)context;

is quite wrong to use NSInteger when it means NSComparisonResult.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 s...@rogue-research.com