I'd like to change the change the string that is displayed in my view based
NSTableView to a lowercase string. So I implemented the following in the
delegate of the tableview:

- (NSView *)tableView:(NSTableView *)tableView
viewForTableColumn:(NSTableColumn *)tableColumn row:(NSInteger)row
{
         MyTableCellView *result = [tableView
makeViewWithIdentifier:tableColumn.identifier owner:self];
        NSString *key = result.keyTextField.stringValue;

        result.keyTextField.stringValue= [key.stringValue lowercaseString];

        return result;
}

keyTextField is an outlet in my custom NSTableCellView. The code gets called,
but the string is not affected, because key is an empty string.  All valuables
are visible in the table view, so everything else seems to be hooked up
correctly (using bindings).

If I change one line to:

    result.keyTextField.stringValue = @"Test";

Only a few of the rows will show the word Test, all others will show the value
set by the bindings

What am I missing?

Thanks,

- Koen.