On 9 Jul 2012, at 6:35 PM, Shane Stanley wrote:

> On 10/07/2012, at 2:03 AM, Fritz Anderson wrote:
>
>> In practice, NSOperationQueue probably releases the block when it's done
>> with it
>
> I'm curious about your use of the word "probably" here. Can you explain?

The documentation for -addOperationWithBlock: does not _explicitly_ say that
blocks are released after they are executed, so I didn't say so for a fact.

But doing so is the only thing that makes sense, and conforms to the design
pattern that containers retain (copy)/release the objects they contain. So the
release is at least probable, if not certain.

        — F