On 13.07.2012, at 08:43, Nathan Day wrote:
> You can do this with Services if you are willing to have it in the services
> menu of the contextual menu, the user has to enable your service by going to
> System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts, you may be able to
> AppleScript that. If you are just writing scripts for you own use that you
> want to use from the Contextual Menu, do a google search for Mac Services
> AppleScripts. I think there is at least 1 app that lets you run scripts as
> services.

 IIRC, if you set the flags correctly in the Info-plist, your service's item
will automatically be activated. Only "old-style" services need to be activated
explicitly. Others show up as soon as their context matches (e.g. the selected
file has the UTI that your service expects as input).

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"Die Zeugen des TeachText sind überall..."
http://www.wiederholungstaeter-podcast.de