Hi, I have a problem where it appears that a core animation task is being run
on something created in a background thread, but the thread is being removed
before the animation has finished.

I have checked through my code and don't see anything that could be doing this
explicitly, so am guessing that something is happening implicitly. As
recommended by the error report, I have turned on the logging, and get the
following:

CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; created
by:
0   QuartzCore                          0x00007fff8d491b95
_ZN2CA11Transaction4pushEv + 219
1   QuartzCore                          0x00007fff8d49176d
_ZN2CA11Transaction15ensure_implicitEv + 273
2   QuartzCore                          0x00007fff8d498b6a
_ZN2CA5Layer12begin_changeEPNS_11TransactionEjRP11objc_object + 44
3   QuartzCore                          0x00007fff8d498ac8
_ZN2CA5Layer12set_delegateEP11objc_object + 86
4   AppKit                              0x00007fff85d2df3a -[NSView
_finalizeWithReferenceCounting] + 324
5   AppKit                              0x00007fff85d2ddce -[NSView dealloc] +
42
6   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007fff8c2792b0
_ZN12_GLOBAL__N_119AutoreleasePoolPage3popEPv + 464
7   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff905fa2a8
_dispatch_worker_thread2 + 410
8   libsystem_c.dylib                   0x00007fff8c15cceb _pthread_wqthread +
404
9   libsystem_c.dylib                   0x00007fff8c1471b1 start_wqthread + 13

So some view somewhere is being deallocated while it still has an animation
running. But there are many views created for different things in my code, and
putting a breakpoint on NSView's dealloc would be very time consuming, and
putting a breakpoint on _ZN2CA11Transaction4pushEv didn't help since it is
called whenever the window is activated, so I can't get to my application. I
guess I could log it and continue, but that's not going to give me anything
where I can identify the view.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to track down which view it is that is
causing the problem.

Thanks. (I'm sure I must be missing something blindingly obvious on how to
track this down, but right now I'm drawing a blank).

Gideon