On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 8:16 AM, Fritz Anderson <fri...@manoverboard.org>wrote:

> I think the first problem you should concentrate on should be the
> multiply-overlaid drawings. It's hard to tell what's going on unless you
> share some code, or at least your design, so I can only ask general
> questions.

Thanks for your response.  The code is quite simple, so I'm happy to
provide it.  But, because the occurrence of the problem depends entirely on
the existence of a partially exposed row in a previous section at the top
of the screen, I don't think any of this processing has anything to do with
the problem.  There's only about a 50-pixel danger zone of scroll position
where it occurs, and that zone moves with row height, but not by any
discernible pattern.

I have Location Services set to give me heading updates every 10 degrees.
 When my view controller gets called with a heading update, I do:

[self.stashTableView reloadRowsAtIndexPaths:[self.stashTableView
indexPathsForVisibleRows] withRowAnimation:UITableViewRowAnimationNone];

When the tableview calls me with willDisplayCell, and I do a bit of math to
combine the current heading with the angle toward a point of interest.
 Then I tell the cell to rotate the arrow image, which is simply a
UIImageView:

CGAffineTransform rotation = CGAffineTransformMakeRotation(degrees * (M_PI
/ 180));

[self.thumbImageView setTransform:rotation];

That's it.  Works great except for a very limited range of scroll offsets.