On 2012 Jul 28, at 21:48, Lee Ann Rucker <lruc...@vmware.com> wrote:

> Use Accessibility. There's a utility called Moom that does that.

or AppleScript; moving windows is in the Standard Suite, so I think any app
which announces itself as scriptable can have its windows moved.

Neither way is 100% reliable.  Accessibility probably requires that "Enable
Access for assistive devices" be on in System Preferences.  I don't see why we
have that stupid checkbox.  At least, in 10.8 it's on by default in a new
account.