On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 06:23:14PM +0800, Rick C. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a search app which normally searches through the current users home
> directory using NSTask and find command.  If I wanted to make it search
> through all user accounts could I ask some advice on what is the best way to
> make it work?  Because I know permissions will be an issue.  Thanks,
>
> rc

You can iterate through all users using getpwent() and run one task per
user. Find will just ignore any directories and files which it doesn't
have permission to read. If you want to go around that then you will
have to for example elevate to a user that have the appropriate access
rights or add ACL's that allows you to read.

Marcus