Hi,

I'm performing my own graphics rendering using background images, which are
then placed onto the resulting Carbon/Cocoa view. I can perform the whole
rendering manually (by accessing the image data), but for some reason this
seems quite slow compared to the same thing on Windows (probably the final
conversion to system image, which isn't needed on Windows). Anyway I'd like
to use the Quarz functions to optimize something, or at least avoid the
final conversion to the system image. Is there a way to create an image,
which can be then manipulated directly as well as using system drawing
functions like it is on Windows? So far I tried CGImageCreate +
CGContextDrawImage and CGBitmapContextCreateImage + CGContextDrawImage  and
both cases are just slow.

Regards,
Vojtech