Le 8 août 2012 à 22:15, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> a écrit :

> On Aug 8, 2012, at 12:58 , Leo <le...@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> As I recently learned, plain strings are stored "as is" in the executable
>> and can be discovered - if opening it in a text editor, for example.
>>
>> That is, if I have a string @"myString" inside the code, it can be read in
>> plain text inside the executable.
>>
>> I have a couple of string I don't want to be discovered (related to demo
>> period handling).
>>
>> Is there an easy way to store them in an encoded way?
>>
>> I tried to define them as C strings (const char) but it doesn't make a
>> difference.
>>

>> So far I just break them into characters in AppleScript Editor, add @ in
>> front of each with find-replace, and then store them as an array which
>> receives the -componentsJoinedByString: method.
>>
>> Is there an easier way?
>
> There's no truly secure way to do this. About the best you can do is encrypt
> the strings, but people can crack it if they want to badly enough. Depending
> on how much effort you want them to go through, you can do any number of
> things to encrypt, from simple to complex.
>
> You might also consider requiring a connection to a server to see if you
> should run. But given enough interest, you will get p0wned eventually.

Requiring a connection to check license is the best way to bother legitimate
customers, while being totally ineffective to stop your application to being
cracked.

I would not bother to much to hide strings. There is far more information in
the binary that can be used to crack it, like the full objc metas.

> --
> Rick

-- Jean-Daniel