ahh, bummer... By chance, do you have a link that we can reference here for where Apple sais that?

Thank You

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kyle Sluder" <k...@ksluder.com>
To: "danchik" <danc...@rebelbase.com>; <Cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: launch application de-elevated

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 02:42 PM, danchik wrote:
Hello, I have a postinstall script that starts a program to do some final
configurations (the installer was elevated with password during the
install), after all is done, the program starts the installed application
via:

[[NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace] launchApplication:appPath]

There's a reason Apple says "don't launch apps as part of the
Installer."

If the user wants to run your app after installing it, they will run it
themselves.

--Kyle Sluder