On 27 Aug 2012, at 22:02, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012, at 04:53 AM, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:
>> When I set up my server like:
>>    NSConnection *theConnection = [[NSConnection alloc] init];
>
> Also, the designated initializer for NSConnection is
> -initWithReceivePort:sendPort:. I have no idea what behavior -init has.

The documentation says about "Vending an Object":
NSConnection *theConnection = [NSConnection defaultConnection];
[theConnection setRootObject:serverObject];
[theConnection registerName:@"server"];

defaultConnection is deprecated an should be replaced by "new".
"(Deprecated in OS X v10.6. Use [NSConnection new] to create a unique
connection instead.)"

"new" is documented as "Allocates a new instance of the receiving class, sends
it an init message, and returns the initialized object."

So I seem to follow all rules correctly.
More: this was working before (but I do not know, when it stopped working).
Lion seems to have the same problems.

Gerriet