This is on iOS 5 and higher.

I have an iOS app that can open separate data files (one open at a time) using
a UIManagedDocument subclass.

When I do a -saveToURL:forSaveOperation:completionHandler

do I need to that inside a:

[[UIApplication sharedApplication] beginBackgroundTaskWithExpirationHandler:

block in case the application enters the background and will be terminated
before the save operation completes? Or does UIManagedDocument take care of
that for me?

Also, my app delegate's

- (void)applicationDidEnterBackground:(UIApplication *)application

do I need to call:

- (void)closeWithCompletionHandler:(void (^)(BOOL success))completionHandler

and then reopen it in:

- (void)applicationWillEnterForeground:(UIApplication *)application

Or can I just call:

-saveToURL:forSaveOperation:completionHandler

in

- (void)applicationDidEnterBackground:(UIApplication *)application

without worrying about closing the file if the app is later terminated?

Thanks,
Dave