Hello, I was callingNSData *data = [NSData DataWithContentsOfURL:url....
within the -startLoading of custom protocol handler, which worked fine for
10.5 through 10.7, but in 10.8, for some reason the call timesout with
unknown error (256)

Seems that in 10.8 any calls I make to pull the content form the web using
NSString or NSData or NSURLConnection will time out if I am in the custom
protocol handler inside the -startLoading

Seems like it is waiting for me to return before it will process the
command, is there a way I can make a syncronouse url content pull from
within the -startLoading protocol handler?