Hi there,

I'm pretty confuse right now 'cause I can't pass my data to my masterView and I
don't know why… I have a master detail view, I don't want to use the detail
view so I delete it.
I create a new view with a textField and I want to do this action :

When I hit the + button on the top right of my masterView, I open my second
View with my textField and a validate button.
Enter a name on the textField and when I hit the validate button, go back to my
masterView and adding a row with my textField value as title.

I wrote this but it doesn't work :/ :

//MasterView.h
@interface MasterViewController : UITableViewController
{
    NSString *nameCategory;
}

@property(nonatomic, retain)NSString *nameCategory;
@property(nonatomic, retain)NSMutableArray *categoryArray;

@end

//MasterView.m
- (void)viewDidLoad
{
    [super viewDidLoad];
        // Do any additional setup after loading the view, typically from a nib.
    self.navigationItem.leftBarButtonItem = self.editButtonItem;

    UIBarButtonItem *addButton = [[[UIBarButtonItem alloc]
initWithBarButtonSystemItem:UIBarButtonSystemItemAdd target:self
action:@selector(insertNewCategorie:)] autorelease];
    self.navigationItem.rightBarButtonItem = addButton;
    self.navigationItem.title = @"Budget";
}

- (void)insertNewCategorie:(id)sender
{
    [self performSegueWithIdentifier:@"Add new category" sender:self];
}

#pragma mark - Table View

- (NSInteger)numberOfSectionsInTableView:(UITableView *)tableView
{
    return 1;
}

- (NSInteger)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView
numberOfRowsInSection:(NSInteger)section
{
    return _categoryArray.count;
}

- (UITableViewCell *)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView
cellForRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath
{
    UITableViewCell *cell = [tableView
dequeueReusableCellWithIdentifier:@"Cell"];
    cell.textLabel.text = [_categoryArray objectAtIndex:indexPath.row];
    NSLog(@"%@", [_categoryArray objectAtIndex:indexPath.row]);
//    NSDate *object = [_objects objectAtIndex:indexPath.row];
//    cell.textLabel.text = [object description];
    return cell;
}

//AddViewController.h
@interface AddViewController : UIViewController <UITextFieldDelegate>
{
    NSString *nameCategory;
}

@property(nonatomic, retain)NSString *nameCategory;

@property (retain, nonatomic) IBOutlet UITextField *nameTextField;

- (IBAction)addName:(id)sender;

@end

//AddViewController.m

- (IBAction)addName:(id)sender
{
    MasterViewController *parentView = [[MasterViewController alloc] init];
    [parentView setNameCategory:nameTextField.text];
    [parentView.categoryArray addObject:nameTextField.text];
    NSLog(@"%@", parentView.nameCategory);
    NSLog(@"%@", parentView.categoryArray);
    [self dismissModalViewControllerAnimated:YES];
}

I try [parentView.categoryArray insertObject:nameTextField.text atIndex:0]; and
it doesn't work too.

I don't understand well how to pass data with tutorial so i'm pretty confuse
right now :/

If you can help me :)

Thanks in advance.
Vavelin Kévin