Did you look at the TableViewPlayground sample project from Apple?
as Conrad said, on this example only covers view-based tableview.

My question to Alfian, however, is why a cell-based table view is
desired.  Are you targeting 10.6?
Yes, My project still targeting OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) as a main target.