On Sep 17, 2012, at 8:59 AM, Chris Paveglio <chris_paveg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to build a little app to drag and drop image files (or any files
> really) onto an InDesign document. What is the correct file type to use?
> NSURL or a string with the file path? I've tried both but neither work for me.

If InDesign windows accept image files dragged in from the Finder, then you
could drag such a file to the PasteboardPeeker app [look it up, it’s very
useful] to see what pasteboard types the Finder provides. Then you know that
InDesign recognizes some subset of those types, which will give you something
to start from.

But in general, yes, file URLs should be the right thing. Adobe apps don’t
always play by the rules when using the pasteboard, though, unfortunately. (Or
didn’t in the past; I haven’t tried lately.)

—Jens