Weird that you didn't get the warning, but we've switched to the pattern of

[self addObserver:self forKeyPath:@"ctrl.selectedObjects.someString"...

and that's saved countless headaches. You can remove your own observers in
dealloc so you never need to worry about when to remove the observer.
--

[ctrl addObserver:self forKeyPath:@"selectedObjects.someString"

but never removed the observer. This caused the crash.

What I don't know is why the runtime didn't manage to warn me about it.
Something like "Object deallocated while still observing key path xxx" or
"Controller being deallocated while an observer is still registered". I saw
those a couple of times, maybe it's because I was observing a proxy?

Anyway, after hunting this damn thing for a couple of days exclusively, I'm
really relieved that it's fixed.

Thanks a lot to you an Kyle for the suggestions!

Regards
Markus

This email sent to lruc...@vmware.com