If by 'dotted font' you mean something like this:

http://www.fontspace.com/honey-and-death/dotline

Then I would render each font in a small, low resolution bitmap (say, 10x10)
and then use that bitmap to find the centres around which to draw circles.

So if you have a bit set at (5,5) in the low res bitmap, and you want to render
it in a 100x100 size, just draw a circle around (50,50). Repeat for any other
bits that are set.

Hope it helps,
-- ank

On 01/10/2012, at 10:35 AM, Eric Gorr