About a week ago I have posted about my problem with (not) cross-fading Core
Animation layers in Mountain Lion.

Perhaps, my post was too long ;-)
Perhaps I forgot to mention that I did google quite bit, but didn't understand
what the best solution would be in my case.

So far, I am fading out an existing layer, and fading in a new layer by the
following 5 lines of code:

   [CATransaction begin];
   [CATransaction setAnimationDuration: fading_duration];
   [mainLayer_ replaceSublayer: currentLayer_ with: newlayer];
   currentLayer_ = newlayer;
   [CATransaction commit];

This works fine under Lion, and it worked fine under Snow Leopard.

It does not work any more under ML, i.e., the layers get replaced, but there is
no cross-dissolve effect.

Apparently, a number of other people have a similar problem, but the solutions
some of them propose were not clear to me.

Could some kind soul explain to me how to achieve the cross-dissolve effect
under ML?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Gabriel.