On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:

> If you return YES from -applicationOpenUntitledFile: the application will
> NOT open a new file - it has assumed that this method has done it and by
> returning YES that's what you're telling it. You want to either return NO
> or else not override this method at all.

Thanks for the reply!

I tried both to return NO and  to not overriding the method but it still
wont open any window at start up. The method(s) are not even called..? I
think it has something to do with 10.8 restoring the previous state but I'm
not sure how to force it to open an window if there was no window at
application exit.