On 29, Oct, 2012, at 06:41 PM, Jayson Adams <jay...@circusponies.com> wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2012, at 5:07 AM, Martin Hewitson wrote:
>
>> Humph. So now what do I do? I'd rather not use one of my DTS tickets for
>> this, especially as I feel like this should be documented, but maybe I have
>> no choice.
>>
>> Anybody have any other guesses why this entitlement entry might be wrong?
>

> Yes: as I said before, the MAS will not approve apps that request the
> entitlement for sending Apple Events to other apps. I don't believe they will
> approve any app requesting any of the so-called "temporary exception"
> entitlements, even though the Apple documentation suggests otherwise.

But com.apple.security.scripting-targets is not a temporary entitlement, is it?
I thought this was the recommended way of communicating between apps in the new
era.

> If you do go ahead and contact DTS, I hope you will relay to us whatever they
> tell you.

I'm still considering this. Seems a bit steep to me to spend one of my precious
tickets on something which should be trivial. I'm going to go through the
suggested WWDC2012 video again to see if I can glean any new information.

Martin