I noticed that every device registered in our database for our
just-approved app is showing up as having declined all push
notifications.  None of our testers' devices had this problem, and I
couldn't repro it on mine.  Of course, testing this is nearly
impossible, because Apple gives developers no way to reset
push-notification settings except wiping the entire device.

We discovered that, on the first launch of the released version of the
app, iOS tells us that all notifications for the application are
turned off.  The second time it's run, they're reported correctly.
The problem is that our app can run in the background, so we never
know when or if the second launch will occur.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Here's the code where we check the
notification elections:

- (void)application:(UIApplication*)application
didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken:(NSData*)pushToken
{
        // Check what notifications the user has turned on.  We registered
for all three, but they may have manually disabled some or all of
them.
        NSUInteger RNTypes = [[UIApplication sharedApplication]
enabledRemoteNotificationTypes];

        // Set the defaults to disabled unless we find otherwise...
        NSString* pushBadge = (RNTypes & UIRemoteNotificationTypeBadge) ?
@"enabled" : @"disabled";
        NSString* pushAlert = (RNTypes & UIRemoteNotificationTypeAlert) ?
@"enabled" : @"disabled";
        NSString* pushSound = (RNTypes & UIRemoteNotificationTypeSound) ?
@"enabled" : @"disabled";

Thanks for any insight!

Gavin