On Oct 31, 2012, at 10:02 PM, Rick Mann wrote:

> I'm not sure what's going on here. But I've got an iOS project that declares
> (but does not define) some "primitiveFoo" methods in my NSManagedObject
> subclass, and an OS X project that does so as well. However, the iOS project
> doesn't emit any warnings, while the OS X project does.
>
> PartDefinition.mm:45:17: Incomplete implementation
> PartDefinition.mm:36:1: Method definition for 'primitivePins' not found

This is normal and expected, as it is a default warning (at least on OS X).
What is the problem, exactly? There is no value whatsoever that I know of to
declare primitive accessors if you don't intend to implement them. Furthermore,
you shouldn't need to declare primitive accessors at all as they should not be
publicly called. Or in other terms, exposing them is probably a code smell. In
any case, Core Data synthesizes them for you anyway….

> Also, when I generated the NSManagedObject subclass from the model, it didn't
> generate the primitive accessor declarations the way older Xcodes did. Am I
> doing something wrong?

Perhaps because implementing primitive accessors is only necessary in rather
specific situations that I don't believe Xcode could predict? This would make
their generation spurious. I am simply theorizing--perhaps taking this up on
the Xcode-users list will garner better responses.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.