Well, I¹ve kinda asked myself this. So far, I¹ve just used the same model
and not instantiated anything I didn¹t need.  Maybe it makes the coreData
file slightly smaller?  Maybe not, because all that entity info is in the
model, not the file.

On 11/3/12 1:50 PM, "Dave Fernandes" <dave.fernan...@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> [followup to question on xcode-users list]
>
> Just curious why you are using configurations. I've never found them to be
> useful for anything. My hope was that I wouldn't have to migrate some types of
> documents as often if the only entities that changed were not part of that
> document type's configuration. But that wasn't the case. All document types
> had to be migrated if an entity in any configuration in the model changed. So
> what are configurations useful for?
>
> Dave
>
> On 2012-11-03, at 3:16 PM, Gordon Apple <g...@ed4u.com> wrote:
>
>> > Could somebody explain to me how to create CoreData configurations in xcode
>> or point me to the appropriate docs?  I currently have a data model with 21
>> entities.  I use the same model for two different document types and would
>> like to add a third.  These each use subsets of the (default) configuration
>> entities.  I thought ³addConfiguration² would give me a new screen with a
>> copy of the original defaults, so I could delete what is not needed for each
>> configuration and add other entities as needed.  Apparently, it doesn¹t work
>> that way and I haven¹t figured out how to do it.

https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/xcode-users/dave.fernandes%40utoronto>>
.ca