I was in the Apple store yesterday, and noticed that all the products had iPads
next to them, embedded in acrylic stands. This prevented customers from
pressing the power button, but exposed the home button, but the button was
non-functional.

These iPads were running an app, and were not using Guided Access to lock users
into using the app.

I have dozens of applications in mind where I want this kiosk functionality,
and while Guided Access gets closer, it's still not good enough.

There's no way for us to make proper kiosk apps, is there (short of
jailbreaking)?

TIA,

--
Rick