On Nov 9, 2012, at 1:54 PM, David Duncan wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2012, at 1:45 PM, Matt Neuburg <m...@tidbits.com> wrote:

>>> How was the device restarted?
>>
>> I turned it off and then I turned it on.
>
> Well, some people have "restarted" the device by holding home+lock until it
> rebooted, which is basically a force-reboot and at which point all bets are
> off.
>
>> Why - are you suggesting it *is* supposed to work through a restart??? m.
>

> Yes it is.

Well, it doesn't for *any* app that I've written that uses the new automatic
save-and-restore - and I've written half a dozen, as test cases. They all work,
in the sense that I can test in the normal way: e.g., run from Xcode, click the
Home button (on the device or Simulator), stop in Xcode, and run from Xcode
again - presto, we launch with restore (proven by how it looks, by logging,
etc.).

But if we put the application on a device, launch it from the device, click
Home, restart the device, and then launch from the device again, there is no
state restoration: we are doing a cold start.

Do you actually *experience* the contrary? If so, is there some piece of the
puzzle needed here in my code that would make the difference between
save-and-restore working *most* of the time and save-and-restore working even
after the device is restarted?

m.